The Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan outlines a funding need of at least US$675 million for critical response efforts in countries most in need of help through April 2020. As this outbreak evolves, funding needs are likely to increase. Click on the DONATE NOW button below to donate to the COVID-19 Response Fund through this secure digital portal. You can find information there on payment options and tax exemption possibilities for some countries. Donations received will go towards funding the activities of the Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan, which include among others:
- Putting in place activities to Track and understand the spread of the virus;
- Ensuring patients get the care they need
- Buying and ship essential supplies such as masks, gloves and protective wear for frontline workers
- Producing evidence based guidelines and advice, and make sure health workers and responders get the information and training to detect and treat affected patients;
- Producing guidance for the general public and for particular groups on measures to take to prevent the spread and prevent themselves and others
- Accelerating efforts to develop vaccines, tests and treatments.